Saturday, March 26, 2011

Pirates Almost Done!

I've finished nearly everything now, and am ready for fight Hawk! Only a few more videos left to upload, and those will be kinda boring, as they're basically running around for treasure chests. But, hey, I'll edit it down to opening them. Here's what I've done so far!

1) All the crystal hearts, save for the last on the last island, before Hawk's encounter!
2) All the fallen stars, unlocking the Wind Dancer!
3) Upgraded the Wind Dancer completely, all cannons and power ups!
4) All the Mermaid orchids, unlocking the Magical Harp, allowing Kat and the ship a limited time of invincibility!!
5) All the forts have been liberated!

I probably won't get all the chests, but that's OK, I have all the quest items and the chests above ground. Otherwise it'll be a bunch of wandering around for the buried treasure. And I don't really want to do that... But hey, almost done!

The battle with Hawk is a three part battle, no spoilers, but it's gonna be hard. Well, I don't really remember if it was when I beat it the first time, years ago, but I have a lot of power ups. After Pirates I want to try something different, stay tuned for the update on the next game!

Here's Part 48, the battle with the Lava Man, as I'm calling him, as there is no real name for him in the game. Maybe in the manual, I doubt it, but hey, he speaks in rhymes, so that's cool. Also, Old Salt, as they call him, tells the story of Dunken "the Blade", in a wonderfully illustrated cutscene!

No comments: