Saturday, September 26, 2009

New Toy!

I got my haircut Friday, which gave me an excuse to go through the mall afterwards. I picked up the Player Select Isaac Clark (Dead Space game) figure with the plasma cutter. It’s pretty awesome looking, and now seeing him in full, I can say that the character design of his suit is really wild! It’s a really detailed figure with lots of points of articulation, and if you press a button on his back, his helmet visor and the Holotech meter lights up! (The bars on the back of the suit that act as the in-game life meter, btw) It was pretty pricy, at around $17 or so, at FYE. They also had the one with the saw blade weapon. The only thing I don’t like about the figure is the flimsy nature of the plasma cutter, it’s made of some PVC plastic, and O was scared that I’d break off a thin, long part off it just taking it out if the packaging. Other than that, it knocked off one of my Shadow of the Colossus figures (Wander on Agro) and broke off the sword, which really brought me down this morning. I used super glue for a quick fix.

I’ve been playing more of Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations for the DS, and so far it’s either really easy and boring, or confusing and not clear in what it’s asking of the player. I hope it’ll get better as I get further into the game, but so far the part I hate most is the parts where you have to talk to people and collect clues around the crime scene; really boring, and not much going on.

No comments: